• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnetonka fishing

Shorelunch

I'm taking my 4 yr old out tomorrow morning and was hoping to find some crappies/bluegills/sunnies to catch and release. Haven't fished on 'Tonka for a few months for crappies and was wondering depth and where to possibly look in the Grays/Minnetonka area.

Thanks for any advice.

The sunnies are everywhere right now. You can fish the inside edges of the milfoil and then try the outside edges starting at about 10ft all the way to 18ft. You can still fish dock shadows and pickup some nice sized sunnies. I've not be able to locate crappies consistently but they are usually holding in a little deeper water (18ft to 24ft) anywhere from 7ft to 12ft down. Use your electronics to find a school. Don't forget to check the area around the 101 bridge. Gets deep quick and holds a bunch of fish. Just hard to get at with the boat traffic.

Thanks Mark. Calvinist, I'd like to get to Sarah except the misses wants to go on Tonka. I'd prefer not to fight traffic on Tonka, but . . . maybe she would like some quiet.

When I fished Sarah last year for pannies, I did well along the weedlines on the east end. Is this holding true this year or are there better areas to try (you can email me at kyle13850 at msn.com)?

Is the launch on Sarah packed on weekends like it was last year? Is it in decent shape and is the water level fairly high (I have a boat the same size as Buzzsaw's and it was so-so launching there last year)? Are you OK to get a spot if you get there around 7am?

Tonka's OK after dark during the weekdays but the (Contact US Regarding This Word) come out on the weekends. Just have to stay out of the Fletcher's boat traffic pattern and avoid any channel areas. Actually the only time I almost got smashed was by a Ranger bass boat going 60mph after dark with no running lights. He saw my lights at the last second and veered away.