• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gander Mountain Guide Series Condor 3-Room Tent Review

marine_man

Thought I'd post a review of this tent since I have been unable to find any information on it anywhere on the internet (likely because it's a Gander Mountain brand tent).

Anyway.. my wife and I (and daughter too) were looking for a 3 room tent (for future expansion as well) and, after a lot of looking around decided on this one... it sounded good... but unfortunately they didn't have one set up in the store... so, we thought we'd chance it.

It's a pretty big dome tent and has three doors and it's laid out like a triangle... with a door at each corner of the triangle (I'll post pictures later after I get them off the camera) for the time being this one should suffice:

gander20mountain20condor20tent.jpg

Anyway... it's a rather large tent (since it is a 3 room tent) and the carrying case for it has wheels mounted on the bottom... like luggage, which makes toting the tent around rather handy.

Well, my wife and I got to work setting the tent up which actually went pretty quick... maybe 15 minutes between reading the instructions and putting pole a into slot b.

All in all the tent is very nice... it has a divider in the 2 room portion, and in the front (or what I'll call the front) it has a portion that has large windows with covers that zip that one could use as a sleeping area or a screened in tent... which was very nice.

Anyway.. after giving it the hose "rain" test we found a flaw that we didn't really like.. the tent leaks by the zippers. Basically, there are two zippers on each door... one that runs vertically and one that runs horizontally, and, when closed, the zippers are located in the lower right hand side of the tent... which is where it leaks. What happens is that you can't get both zippers closed all the way, and water runs down along the zipper (on the vertical portion) and down to where there is a gap between the two zippers.. and runs into the tent.

In a light rain (that happened after the hose "rain" test) there was probably 1/4 cup of water on the floor... and that was only in a light drizzle.

So... it's back to Gander Mountain with the tent... I think we've found a coleman that we might like... but we'll have to see what happens.

marine_man