• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pumpkin Seed Mount?

Outdoors_guy

I was just wondering if any one would mount a pumpkin seed that wieghed 1lb 2 ounces? I had caught one this past weekend and was attempting a picture of it as it flopped out of my hands and bounced of a cooler and right into the lake. I was thinking of mounting it but it would of been really nice to get a picture of it. a really beautiful looking fish. Just wondering if any one else would of considered mounting it.

That's a pig pumkinseed! Take a lot of good pictures and get a few measurements (length, girth...) and have a replica made. It will be almost same price because they go by price-per-inch. It might be a few extra bucks for a replica but the colors will last a lot longer. Even if you kept the fish you can still get a replica, just give them the actual fish and they will make a mold.

But to answer your question, yeah, I'd seriously consider a replica/mount of a pound-plus pumkinseed. Nice fish!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I would have mounted it. Panfish aren't that hard to mount and as for the colors...most peoples mounted fish lose their color due to improper care. Keep your mount clean and if it starts to get dull call a taxidermist and ask if he'll spray a layer of clearcoat on it. I don't know what it's called but it's a clear laquer specifically made for fish taxidermy. It will protect the paint and keep it looking "wet" like it just came out of the water.