• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunfish galore....

This is the first time I can recall having caught so many huge sunfish in the spring. The lake I fish has some serious bruisers in it, but to get a dozen at one spot is almost unheard of.

Today I tripped over a dink of a point and saw a fish hanging around so I cast a paddletail in there and pow. Its a sunfish not quite 10 inches. Casting back in that spot with a Stub Grub, I was able to stay with sunfish for quite a while. It seemed that when one was caught, another one simply slid in place. It was nuts! And these were all nice sunfish.

10 1/4 was about the extreme end of the size caught, but nothing was taken less than 9.

While all these guys went back, it was certainly a treat to do battle with fish this size on a very lightweight rod.

I did real well on crappies too, but the sunfish sort of stole my attention today. I still cannot believe the fight when you stick the hook in one of those shallow fish and they make that thirty foot run for deep water. These guys were simply impressive.

I can't come down on weekdays.. urgg.. crazy.gif

Quote:

WW....You just have to get down here. Early next week? Say Tuesday? Morning, early.

Toss me an e-mail, dude.