• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Report... 5/6

Bass spinners catch crappie! They're not as productive as Beetle Spins maybe, but they do catch fish. Especially the smaller tandem spinners used for smallmouths. This time of year however, I don't feel it's a good choice at all. If you're going to use a big bait, it has to be a crankbait, a small suspending type is best, it lays in-front of their face and they can't help but hit it.

Generalizing the Midwest as a whole is bad, some lakes get all the pressure, and some lakes haven't seen a bait. What's good for the goose (N MN) isn't always good for the gander (Metropolitan MN).

Just my .02

OK I have caught crappies on 1/2oz tandem spinner baits in the summer. Not a lot but some. I have caught more 3 to 4lb bass in the spring throwing little beetle spins and crappie jigs than I ever have throwing larger bass spinners in the summer. Point here is people throwing the "big" baits aren't going to catch nearly as many bass as we will throwing crappie sized baits. As long as it catch release I don't say anything. I just smile as I pass these "fishermen" by. My biggest Minnetonka largemouth came on a 1/32oz Flu Flu fishing for spring crappie. Just a hair over 7lbs. If these guys were really serious about catching the green carp they'd stick to crappie gear.