• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinions?

I'm looking at upgrading to a new bow in the very near future and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on brands. Kind of want to stay in the 6-700 dollar range. Mostly just want a decent all around hunting bow. Any opinions appreciated.

First Off, welcome to FishingMinnesota.Com... Great to have you on board! This site has a wealth of information on it.. its just a matter of asking questions and getting answers!

As for a new bow... Its really all about the persons preferances...Do you want a bow that is most accurate.. or do you want a bow thats fast? Longrer bows, IE ones that have a longer wheel to wheel tend to be more forgiving of flaws in your form, yet are slower. I would stick to the major brands.. they became major brands for a reason! Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, PSE, Martin. Most important is a bow that fits.. make sure you are fitted by a reputable person.. someone that knows what they are doing. A persons height and draw length plays a large part in what bow a person shoots. I have an abnormally large draw length. So short bows are very hard for me to shoot because the distance from the string to my eye for a peep sight is too far on a short bow...

My best advise.. go to many bow shops, try a lot of different bows.. and decide what feels best.. After you shoot each one, write down what you like and didn't like.. bring a note book with you.. because remembering a feel is very hard!

Best of luck! Enjoy your new bow and enjoy FishingMinnesota.com!

Is the 6-700 dollar range for just the bow? It makes a difference in what you can look at. I bought an Hoyt XTec last year for around $550 (If I remember correctly) for just the bow. After adding sights, rest, stabilizer, a quiver, arrows and release it was about another $300-350 (this can vary depending on what you get). I absolutely love the set up and would higly recommend most Hoyt bows.

I do agree that you should shoot alot of bows before you buy one, get one that feels good for you. I also liked Mathews and Bowtec alot. You'll know the one that feels right when you shoot it. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the response. I was out this weekend with a friend trying out some bows. Tried a Bowtech, Parker and Martin. So far I like the Bowtech. There are just too many good bows out there now. Kind of wanted to stay below 700 for the whole package. Tried a Bowtech Tomkat (which was the low end) and one other, might of been the Liberty. Liked both, the Tomkat package was pretty reasonable though.

Anyway thanks for the input.

check out Archery Research, or PSE's Pro Series...the Venom or Triton packages will fit your budget nicely.

Browning's Mirage 1.5 is also a nice fast bow with a very sweet grip...

Lots of choices out there...good luck!