• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DOG PEEING WHEN EXCITED AGAIN!!!

sheepheadslayer

I read a post a few months back about this and sure enough my pup gets excited and pees. She is a 8 month old female lab and this just start a week ago. If i scold her she will do it or when she is excited. Has anyone else since the last post have any luck curing this. Thanks Tim

I was kind of hoping that someone would reply since my 1 year old Brittany still pees once scolded or greeting people.I believe that our dogs want to please us so much that they lose control. That is what I remember from that post. I will do some checking for you. I just let her out fast and scold outside. I'll get back to you.

My dog too did this. What I think made him stop was just playing with him more and just being with him more. He used to be kenneled up a lot of the time, and would get so excited when he would get let out. Once I brought him out more and more, he was a lot more calm and relaxed.

I have a GWP that still does this when really excited or scolded. She is 2 and pretty much a house dog and I do like said above - let her out ASAP when she is excited. I don't know what else to do. When I get upset about it it just makes things worse. Anybody have a good solution, please post.

When greeted at the front door, ignore the dog for awhile. Just walk right by.....short time later....don't call it's name, but go up and pet it gently. The dog is just highly excited. Don't make it more excited to see you than she already is when you get home. My trainer emailed me this. Maturity will help, but 2 years is kind of long.