• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anything going on by Chamberlian???

Hey guys wondering if any of you had any info on the Chamberlain area, was planning on going there this weekend??? Planning on fishing for eye's from shore after dark!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

Was out Friday and the bite was off or tough, however you want to look at it. Had good reports coming in from Kiowa up to the dam, but it was a bad day catching fish.

That day, I am guessing the water level increased around 2 feet, so the current was motating, which could have slowed things down.

I hope to get out there again this weekend. Don't know if I'll head back north or venture south... confused.gif

I havent fished Chamberlain as much as a lot of other guys, but if I had to give advice to anyone who wanted to go there and catch fish in early spring: I would say, Fish from shore and fish after dark!

A buddy of mine was there this past weekend and said he fished mainly south of chamberlain down by the white river, I think thats what he called it. They didn't have a whole lot of luck with jigs because the water was so dirty. He said they did pretty good trolling raps.

He will be there again this weekend and the next. I would think by this weekend though it will be pretty good along the shoreline in chamberlain. I'll mention it again, night time fishing will be the ticket from shore. I have had some pretty good luck at the thompson dam this time of year also. Not to far to drive and some decent shore fishing if the dam is shut off or just moving slow. From my experiences out there shore fishing, when the river is flowing the fish are going. Goodluck and let us know how you do.

The shoreline bite after evening hasn't really materialized yet. Some fish can be caught pitching jigs and on lindys but the plug bite is still a week or 2 away. The fish arent on the spawn yet, but I suspect that with these nice teps a guy can expect to see it start soon. I believe the water has to be 44-49 degrees. I know the surface temp was there but it has to warm up a bit more. I've been out there the past 2 weekends and have had most success up by the dam pitching jigs around dark.