• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Submissive. . .

WalleyeWrangler

Hey all, have a 17 week old female black lab who is wonderful. Been working with her and playing for the past 6 weeks. However, whenever we play and I say "Good Girl" she pees. When I get home she pees. When we play fetch and she brings it back and praise her she pees. I read about submissive urination is this what it is and how can I stop it. I am very good to the dog and would never hurt her. Any other time when she needs to go outside she goes to the door. It is only when I ask her to come and praise her she pees. Any help appreciated.

i have two year lab that for the first six months anytype of affection she would let go in the house the car the boat on shoes. It got to the point we had to rush her outside without touching to pee. She Is fine now the vet she just had no bladder control.

I have had an experience like this , maybe not as bad, with a previos female. In most cases the dog grows out of it as they get older and their confidence grows. For now, if you aren't already doing this, I would try to get as close to her level as you can when she comes to you..and be mellow. Just a pat on her head is praise enough right now.

Let me know if it works. Good luck.