• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Price?

prigs6

Really varies greatly with the overall condition of the machine... I have seen many with rust on the inside of the gas tank, clogged petcocks/fuel lines, gummed up carbs from lack of use... not to mention the problem they had with the brake pads/drums.. They had a tendency to stretch the drum, or the pads would get out of proportion.. or it translates to a few good rides to a set of pads. Cables and bearings... if all that is in top condition and the machine runs well and IDLES.. they go through CDI's and spark advancers... and do the lights all work properly(lighting coil)... How is the exaust.. is the spark arrester rusted off yet? How is the chain and sprockets?

You can get down to the cosmetic.. seat in good condition, plastic all there and no cracks.. Does it have racks..

If it has everything, and everything is in decent condition and in good working order.. the top dollar in a highly populated area might be in the neigborhood of $600.

The average 110 out there is probably worth $300.. this would be a running machine in safe operating condition with minor cosmetic issues.,, or in need of something less than significant.

If the machine has some of the problems above, it could be worth less money, or considerably less... some parts are hard to find for 3 wheelers these days (I own a couple and know).

The larger machines are worth more.. the 185 S models, and especially the Big Reds are still worth some decent change.

I'm not *knocking* the machine .. they are fun to ride and can be quite useful to the right person.. but unfortunately they dont have much cash value these days.

Great post Fisher Dave. I'm getting ready to head up to my parents for Easter and plan on digging the old 200S out of the shed and get her all fired up. Hope to get rid of it this Spring to someone who can make some use out of it. Your post gives me some things to look for other than just getting the engine to fire and stay firing. Thanks. Ed

Ed .. if you haul the wheeler down to the cities and you need some help.. get in contact with me... I know the machines inside and out and can probably provide a great deal of assistance if you need it. They are pretty easy to work on if you know what your looking for.