• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mike, did you get the jigs?

Hey Brian!

Yeah, I got em Monday and thanks! I heard that somebody was at out "Sportsman" show 2 weeks ago selling them, MAN, I didnt go cause its usually lame! I have gave up on the ice fishing for this year, we have had such screwy ice this year.....havent been out for about 3 weeks.

I went thru some rotten ice with my quad on Feb 26th! My fault, the ice was only 5" thick in the good spots and it got real warm and sunny that day. When I went to try and get off, I had only 2-3 areas that looked ok, and what do you do, ya gotta get off the lake so......

Got about 150 yds from shore and in we went, chest deep water, quad pretty much flaoted....Im gonna send a full story to the main forum. My PC at work went home so I rarely get on the forum anymore....

Another 2 guys went in on out salmon lake 2 weeks ago, 87 year old guy and his son, on a quad.....

Then another friend went thru on foot yesterday, spent about a 1/2 hour in the water until someone saw him and pulled him out, he's in his 60's!

very very dangerous ice around here the last month or so...

gotta run, thanks again for the jigs, I'll put em to use here soon when the water temps come up a bit and our perch spawn bite starts.

Mike

How was your FL trip? Get any fishin in?

Mike,

Glad you got the jigs and glad to hear you are on dry land alive and well. Fl was ok but now that I have been there I know what I need to bring if we go next year. Got to fish off a sea wall for a while and had a lot of hits and one follower but no takers. Was told I could catch some trout if I had more time but it was a learning experience at best.

Take care and have fun with the jigs when you get a chance! I will be trying to make it out for a laker trip or some ice fishing next year! wink.gif