• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

05 Polaris 500 Classic-Head Light problem

Markerboy1

The 500 has some problems with the head light being very dim when at idle and when breaking the light goes very dim and makes very hard to see the trail at night. When the hand warmers are on the Thumb warmer does not have enough juice to work. We have taken it back to the dealer, thinking there is a sort some where in the system and they say it specs out correct and that is the way it was designed. mad.gif I asked the dealer if the output wattage is enough to run the system and they reply yes 200 watts. This is a safety issue when running at night and this is an unacceptable answer so I contacted the Corp-office and they said to contact the dealer. The sled has been back to the shop 3 times with the same answer. The dealer contacted another owner on a 05 500 classic and he agreed with me on the head light issue. When at a trail stop with other Polaris they all have bright lights except the 05 500 classic and they ask why our light is so dim. confused.gif

My questions is how many 05 500 classics have this same issue?

MarkerBoy1

Uncle Bill & Hangbelly

Talked with the owner of the dealership that we purchased the sled from after he talked with a Polaris engineer last week and said that’s the way the 05-Classic 500 is with the dim head light and that it meets some federal regulations and he could not do anything for me. mad.gif He also said there is no wattage upgrade for the Classic. I am not a Happy Camper with their customer service. mad.gif So I called another dealership and explained the problem and he said bring it in and they would take a look. He said it could be bad voltage regulator and was up for the challenge. Hope this works

Thanks

MarkerBoy

Check to see if the sled is equiped with halogen tail lights, sounds crazy but a friend of mine put a halogen tail light in his v-max four and when he hit the brakes the light was nice and bright but the head light would go out almost dark.