• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris AWD problem

Yamahopper

I have a 99 500 Sportsman with demand awd. It works great in forward high but not at all in reverse. Is this normal or not? Looks like the front drive shaft is turning but the wheels do not. I have a Haynes manual with little info on this. Help please.

The override did not help, but i will try it to night to double check that out. I remember cleaning the wire conecter to the controls on that side and will check them also. Could it be electrical even though it works great in forward?

Check that area closely since, 1. you cleaned the connections on that side and 2. the override button (when held in) activates AWD in reverse. Sure, it can still be, and I suspect it is, electrical even though it works great in forward.

Some good news and some bad. Tried the override again still did not work, got to thinking and it was the awd side i cleaned. So i pulled the two conecters on the override side, cleaned with wd-40 and blew them out with air pluged them in and now it works. Thanks for your help on this easy fix and thanks to FM. Bad news is my truck engine started knocking bad on the way home,probably not a easy fix. If you see a guy flying down 694 going to work just remember it was some other guy on a 500 Sportsman and not me grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif