• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did you quit fishing? Haven't noticed any recent reports from you lately. Also just a comment: I notice a lot of people reading this site, but not that many make a post. Sure would be nice to have more participation on the S.D. site. Thanks.

berke,

I haven't quit fishing, but I have slowed down dramatically. I have been busy cleaning and organizing tackle, sharpening hooks, making and painting jigs and doing some research for upcoming summer tournaments. Throw in the QT with the wife, school work and my job it's amazing I have gotten out at all.

You might say spring fever is setting in crazy.gif

I did the crappie thing on Thompson for a while and then switched gears and chased pike on the 81 ponds. Which by the way are schooled, suspended and willing to bite.

Heading to MN for the Backwater Brawl on Sat. so it will be a nice change of pace.

mw

I'm not sure what happened to my post.

Anyway the forst thing you want to look for are likly spawning areas. You will look for some piece of structure in or around the mouths of the bays. I typically target a breakline that has a small point, rock pile, gravel area or some type of structure. I prefer to fish the bottom side of the drop off. You will normally find the fish suspended 5-7 feet off the bottom.

This fall I spent many hours out there in my duck boat with my underwater camera this fall. This has saved me countless hours of searching this winter.

Last week I was fishing a point near the mouth of a bay in about 16 feet of water.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

mw