• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

America's Breed

Dan Thiem

That gal had some attitude didn't she! When you saw her freeze up after her lap in the Best of Sporting Class you knew she was on her game. She not only locked up but stretched it out and she was beautiful.

I've got a GSP so I was pulling for her but I have to admit after seeing those sporting dogs there are a bunch of breeds that intrigued me. My brother-in-law (lab owner) always gives me dump for buying a my-mom-sees-this-my-mom-sees-this breed but she has really put on some shows for him in the past but he has a hard time seeing them through his blinders!

I've had the pleasure to hunt with Brits, Vizla's, labs, Irish Setter, other GSP's and got to watch GWPs, Grifons, Spinone's, Pointers, both large and small Munsterlanders at NAVHDA events and each breed has its pluses.

Way cool to see a Sporting dog take best in show and for me even better that it was a GSP this year.

I had always been a Springer guy until I met my wife. She grew up with Shorthairs so when we decided to get a dog my mind was made up for me;-). I have never regretted it!! All sporting dogs are great but there is just something special about the pointers, especially GSP's and Weimers. I have had the privledge of owning a GSP who would give any Lab a run for it's money as far as retrieving both land and water. And I have always loved that little extra attitude that pointers have. Great to see one win!!