• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lake near Ayrshire

Dad and I went to Silver lake west of Ayrshire to fish Sunday afternoon. The pike are biting to say the least. Last Saturday we caught one that went 6# and missed 2 other runs. Yeterday they were hitting our tiny Perch jigs and spoons and ripping us off. I had a dead stick sitting just out side the shack that almost went in. When I grabbed the pole it was all over and my jig was gone. We couldn't get any crappies or perch to come in because of all the pike.

If you want some small pike I think that might be a good option for you.

We brought knives to a gun fight yeterday and lost. Next week I'll have some Fireline leaders so I can lay the smack down on the toothy devils. They aren't huge but still fun to catch.

If we don't get some serious cold this week use caution when getting on the lake. With yesterday's rain we were only sitting on 12" of cloudy stuff. There seems to be a finger of open water extending out into the lake. This finger is north of the ramp on the east side of the lake and extends northwest from shore about 150yrds. There was steam coming off of it yesterday and the water is very dark(not rain).

abens1078

No, we were about 200yrds west of the boat ramp(ramp on east side). I may be mistaken but I think the narrows are northwest of where we fished. We were smack dab in the middle of nothing in about 6' of water. We are headed up Saturday again I think and we set up a Frabil portable so stop by if you are on the ice.

I don't know if Sunday's rain had the pike stirred up or what but we couldn't buy a crappie or a perch.

Good luck and welcome to the site if you are new(I noticed 1 post)

abens1078