• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crawlers???????

bdiddy

Has anybody ever seen mayfly nymphs for sale say around the west metro, or anywhere in the state for that matter??? I was awatching midwest outdoors this mornin and they were fishing on the wisconsin river over der in Wisconsin, and they were using CRAWLERS (mayfly nymphs) to catch otherwise finicky HUMONGOUS Jumbo Perch. The guide says that he swears up and down by em and that they were kind a pricy. Any Info Guys??????

They are called wigglers. A very fragile bait to use. You hook them in the neck area under their shell and the jumbo perch go nuts over'em. Kind of like a hellgrammite. Have never seen them sold in MN. They are the go to bait in the state of WI. There also a small composting worm called a red wiggler.

Bruce

I grew up in Wisconsin and fished with what they call "silver wigglers". The "silver wigglers" we fished with were no more than non-colored euro-larvae that you can find throughout Minnesota. I'm not sure if that is what you fished with, but if there is one bait that always goes out on the lake with me it is euro-larvae!