• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moss.....FYI

Down to Earth

I probably won't be able to listen to this tonight. If anyone does can you fill us it? Thanks.

Moss on trade: I'd be 'a little mad'

Last Update: 2/9/2005 12:41:34 AM

KFAN dot com

Some media outlets may have written off Randy Moss’ chances for staying in Minnesota, but the Vikings receiver isn’t convinced just yet.

In an interview that will air in its entirety Thursday night on KFAN, Moss addressed recent trade rumors for the first time publicly, saying the speculation hasn’t bothered him and expressing desire to remain a Viking.

“I don’t really get caught up in trade rumors, ‘cause this is a business,” Moss said. “…If I get traded from here…I’m gonna probably be a little sore, a little mad, but not at the organization – probably just because I’m leaving here, and (losing) the love that I’ve developed here of growing to love the game and Minnesota.”

On the heels of two dubious late-season incidents, Moss has become the subject of constant, media-driven trade rumors since the Vikings’ playoff run ended with a loss at Philadelphia on Jan. 16.

The five-time Pro Bowler drew national criticism for leaving the field late in a loss at Washington on Jan. 2, and again a week later when he pretended to moon fans after scoring a touchdown in the Vikings’ playoff win at Green Bay. The NFL fined Moss $10,000 for the latter incident, a sum that elicited a sarcastic public response from the multimillionaire receiver.

Moss also battled his most challenging season on the field, in essence missing five games with a strained hamstring and posting career lows with 49 catches and 767 receiving yards.

Citing a team source, ESPN initially reported there was a 60/40 chance Moss would be dealt in the offseason, and last weekend reported owner Red McCombs had given the Vikings personnel office and Dante DiTrapano, Moss’ agent, permission to shop the star receiver. McCombs and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski denied to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that any such discussion took place, and coach Mike Tice on Monday called all trade talk premature.

The Vikings are believed to be willing to deal Moss for a lucrative package -- one that likely would have to include a defensive starter and multiple first-round draft picks. Media reports have targeted Baltimore, Oakland, San Diego and the New York Jets as interested parties.

Speaking at KFAN’s St. Louis Park studio last Friday, Moss said large-scale personnel changes – including trading him – probably aren’t the solution for a team that stumbled to its second straight 3-7 regular-season finish. Instead, Moss said a lack of team unity has hurt the Vikings’ performance in recent years.

“Bringing players in here and letting players leave…I don’t think that’s the key,” Moss added. “I think (after) just getting to know one another, you know what you can expect from a guy week-in and week-out. So I’m just anxious to see…with me here or without me here, where this team goes.”

The Vikings have consistently sold out the Metrodome since selecting Moss in the first round of the 1998 draft. McCombs, who currently is in his third week of exclusive sale negotiations with Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler, understandably is lax to deal his No. 1 attraction while trying to sell the team.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported in its Wednesday editions Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor will make an offer of about $600 million for the team "within 24 hours" of the end of that exclusive negotiating period if Fowler's bid fails.

No trade can be finalized until March 2. Moss has four seasons remaining on his an eight-year, $75 million deal, but implied several times he wouldn’t be stunned if he didn't play out the second half of his contract in Minnesota.

“If I get traded…I get traded,” Moss said. “If not, then I’m going to do whatever I can do in my will to hopefully get something started.”

The interview, conducted with Vikings play-by-play voice Paul Allen, was recorded as a promotion for Moss’ celebrity bass fishing tournament, which will take place on Lake Minnetonka in late June. Half the proceeds from the tournament will benefit the SMILE Foundation.

The interview will air in its entirety during KFAN’s Outdoors program Thursday night. FAN Outdoors airs from 7-9 p.m

moss rocks!!!! i hope he stays put here in MN. his antics erk me from time to time, but he is human. he has bad qualities just like every one else. hes our best chance at a ring at this point. if we were going to ditch him, we should have done it this last year or the year before. i dont think he's worth as much now as he was then.

MOSS ISENT GOING NOWHERE HE WANTS TO STAY IN MINNESOTA WHEN HIS CONTRACT IS UP HELL PROBABLY RESIGN . COACH TICE WELL BE REPLACED BEFORE MOSS WILL HIS TEAM MATES WANT HIM TO STAY AS WELL . AND AS FAR AS HIS WAYS , WHO CARES IF HE FAKE MOONS LAMBAU FANS THEY FORREAL MOON THE VIKES WHEN WERE THERE , THATS WHY MOSS DID THAT AT LAMBAU AND AS FAR AS WALKING OF THE FEILD , SO WHAT HE WAS FRUSTERAED. WOUDENT YOU BE!!!! GIVE THE GUY A BREAK HES AN OUTSTANDING ATHLETE AND AN ASSET TO MINNESOTA ... MY OPINION

Here's the latest on everybodys favorite gangsta!

NEW YORK -- Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss admits he has used marijuana since entering the NFL seven years ago and still smokes it "every blue moon."

"I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league," Moss said in an interview for HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" scheduled to air Tuesday night. "But as far as abusing it and, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, no."

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

"But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used [marijuana] in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might."

The NFL's drug policy calls for up to 10 tests a month after one positive result. A second violation results in a fine equal to the player's salary for four games, a third in a four-game suspension, and a year's suspension for a fourth violation.

Moss has never been suspended for violating the league's drug policy and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said it is confidential whether the receiver is in the drug program or not.

"We evaluate all conduct related to substance abuse and it is handled confidentially by the doctors," Aiello said.

Moss was traded from the Minnesota Vikings in early March. He was limited by a hamstring injury last season and finished with 49 catches for 767 yards and 13 touchdowns. It was the first time in his seven seasons that he didn't reach 1,000 yards receiving.

Moss has had problems on and off the field throughout his college and pro career. He lost scholarships at Notre Dame and Florida State because of a battery charge and marijuana use. He set records at Marshall and clearly was the most dynamic receiver in the 1998 draft, but lasted until 21st overall because of his past trouble.

Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win. He also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.

Other transgressions include bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999.