• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

channel lake

Was out at Channel on Sunday via Thirsty Thirty. Very nice ice, though a bit funky (looked honeycombed) in deeper water 15-22 FOW>

No crappies, but got lots of bluegills. Some nice keepers. Had to find the pockets in the weeds. Or gas auger down as low as you can go, then come back in a hour or so. Open spot in the weeds cool.gif. Anyway anything small with 1 to 2 spikes, lightly hooked worked for me. Orange was a common color.

Hey Mark, be careful on that honeycomb ice. That isn`t the safest ice to be on. Did you get a chance to try that rod you bought at the ice show out yet? I`ll be leaving for Medicine on friday , I`m so ready to get fishing. I just can`t believe how little I have fished so far. That`s all about to change. grin.gif

Yep, tried that rod and it is sweet. Very happy with the Prowler Legend from St. Croix. Best rod I got. Yep, honeycomb a bit dicey, so stayed relatively close.

Thanks heading to mill lacs TOMORROW! very psyched.