• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fuel System Question

Big Fish Hunter247

I was out rideing my wheeler thursday just before it got cold but anyways when I started rideing it was fine but when I was about half way done rideing it started started backfireing and missfireing it has never done it before I am just wondering if it could be from the cold? I really dont know this is the first wheeler I have had Thanks for the info.

P.S its an 04 Honda Rincon 650

Big Fish Hunter247

Yes I did use the choke when I started it and it was totally off once it warms up it sits and idles fine I can rev it up just fine nothin happens it only happens when its moving and I am at about half throttle I will try some of that stuff its worth a shot.

Big Fish Hunter247

Just a thought.....Is it possible that you ingested snow dust into the air box? It could get in and melt then get the filter wet and partially plugged. That would make it run like the choke was on. It will probably correct itself if it is stored in a warm place and dries out. If not it won't dry out on its own and you may have to clean the filter element.

I doubt that simlply cold air would be the cause. If it were, then all or most similar ATVs would have the same symptoms under the same conditions. If it isn't the snow then most likely you have some moisture in the gas and isopropyl should cure it.... unless it has some other debris in the carb.

There are 2 vent tubes that run off the carb. If they are plugged, it will run horrible when you're on the throttle. What I did with my rincon was re-route the vent lines with longer ones (got two 4' pieces of vacuum hose fom auto parts store) to up under the guage pod and tied them up there with a couple of cable ties.

The hoses are the two that come off of the side of the carb and run downward to nothing.

Chopper how much and how big of hose did you use to do that I might just have to do that? and do you know of anyways I can do that with the air box too I heard somewhere that I can use and old vacuumm cleaner hose and route it up by the handle bars too I might have to do that too but Igonna wait till next summer

Big Fish Hunter247

To be honest....I don't remember. They are different sizes. i just took them off and went and matched them up as close as I could. They were both a little tight so I used a petroleum based spray lube to help 'em slide on a little better.

I have not modified my airbox at all, and don't plan to. You can do a pretty deep water crossing as is, really. I have yet to swamp my airbox.

shoot me an e-mail exer400 at yahoo .com