• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to buy 4x4 ATV

waynorth

I have a 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700,but don't even consider buying this quad yet,cause there is a reverse design flaw that Suzuki will not fess up to and are trying a bandaid fix on it!Mine has been good so far with 200 miles on it,but others have had their reverse go out and it is a MAJOR DEAL to fix it! mad.gif

I have a yamaha big bear 400. this is a full time 4wd model. used mostly for icefishing. pulls my 6X12 house without a problem at all. also use it around my farm and do alot of hauling with it. these are great machines and mine has required little maintainance other than oil changes twice a year. it isn't the biggest wheeler out there, but there isn't anything I've found that I can't do with it. 2 additions that i've added that I think are a must, are a winch and chains on the rear tires for ice fishing.

You are correct, the honda motors are good. They are a great atv to be used as a utility machine. If you trail ride or do a lot of deep snow or mud, you may want to check out other options or a lift kit and tires. But, that puts a lot more stress on the axle shafts, wears the brakes faster, etc..... I personally feel if I'm buying an all terrain vehicle, I want it to be all terrain . That means ground clearance and front differential lock.