• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to do????

Granny

Good Luck Granny!

I hope you get through this difficult time. I know how strong love can be for a dog. I have had dogs all my life and consider them as family members.

My brother had a yellow lab that bit his girlfreinds kid in the lip. He thought it was because his dog was sleeping and the kid jumped off the couch and landed near his dog and scared it.

Then it bit the same kid again a couple months later. Never showed aggression towards anybody ever before. But my brother decided he had to put Duke down. I was the one who talked him into doing the bad deed. It was very very hard.

That trip home from the vet was a tough one.

I hope your wife will understand.

My heart goes out to you guy. IMHO you have made the right decision. It really sucks because you never would have known if it were right until something worse had happened.

But, as I sit here and type this I try to think of one instance were I heard someone say, "Yup, my dog bit someone once, but that was the last time it ever happened". Can't think of even one example of it where I have known the dog.

Anyway, very sad news - but there was no real good way out of this one.

Sorry for your loss. I hope the pup you get to replace him when you are ready is a real dandy.

~t

Granny, Sorry for your loss, I sold a Setter to a young family, I received a call later and it bite their young Son, Thankfully just stiches and no loss of an eye as it bite him in the face. I took the Dog back and put it to sleep, really the only thing I could do. You can always get another Dog, it hard to replace a person's eye. Good Luck