• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vet Advice NW Metro

PaulB

I know that Pine Ridge Pet Care in Andover and Ramsey is excellent! I also know that I was not impressed with the vet in Maple Grove near J. Cousineaus'. It would take you 15-20 min to get to Andover but I go there from Maple Grove because it was recommended and I have been very happy. I've also heard people like the Animal Wellness Center in Maple Grove, it's off the frontage road near Weaver Lake Rd and I-94.

I'm sure some more will chime in!

Congrats on the new pup! We go to the Elm Creek Animal Hospital in Champlin ... not too far from you. We really like it ... and we've had a few major experiences to get to know them well. One of them included when my pup was 6 months old, she had a very slight break in her leg and they mended her up great! One of their staff, Dr. Richard Reierson, especially enjoys working with sporting dogs, which is a plus in my mind...though we've delt with all the doctors and they've all been great! You can learn more about the staff and clinic at their web site if you want ... (no unauthorized links) Best of luck with bringing home your new addition!

Paul,

I used to live off Zachary & 100th in MG/Osseo. We moved out to St. Michael now, but kept our vet in Plymouth after trying a few others. Hands down, our experience at Rockford Road Animal Hospital (Cty 9 & 494) was top notch. It was well worth the short drive - Dr. Dave Brewer is a great guy who has hunting dogs himself and genuinely cares for the dogs he sees as patients. In 6+ years of doctoring (or vet-ing?) there, we have not had a single bad experience with the staff, etc.

You may have seen my post that we lost our GSP on Weds. - that night we received a bouquet of flowers from RRAH with all the staff's names on it, as well as a personal call from Dr. Brewer as well since he wasn't there when I brought her in. I will be bringing my next dog there too, no question.

Good luck, wherever you may choose to go.

~Blaze

Thanks for the advice, guys. Blaze, sorry to hear about your pup. Seems like there must be some caring folks at your vet. I think my friend brings her cat to Elm Creek too. Thanks again.

Not sure if you are still looking but Dr. Judy Funk at Compassionate Care Animal Hospital in Brooklyn Park is the best vet that I have had experience with!!! They are right off 85th and W Broadway. My father in law has been bringing his Shorthairs to her (and before her to her father) for 30 yrs. We have used her for 10 yrs. She actuall cares about you and the animal not about billing you for questionable tests and/or medications.