• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baiting deer for Bowhunting

hey. gottago makes a good point.

here's my 2 bits:

i look at bowhunting as more connected than rifle. we're out there meeting the deer "in it's element," up close and personal. hunting over a feeder or pile of corn is not "in the deer's element." it would seem artificial to me. it's adding to a deers element a temporary food source to benefit the hunter (or, shooter, really). baiting to me seems like a mouse trap situation. here's some cheeze, mouse. not very sportsmanlike, or bow-hunter like. why not just grab a 7mm mag?

food plots are much better, and are great on many levels. benefitting many species. can't really compare them to farm fields, as they are (for the most part) harvested each fall, with the food plot up thru the winter, when game may need it with harsh weather circumstances. i don't have any food plots, and i don't look at them as a "bait." i see them as helping to maintain healthy deer, and maybe keep some around your property. not to mention pheasant, grouse, and turkey!

so there's my opinion. and remember: opinions are like a$$ holes, everybody's got one!