• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ICE Series

Matt Johnson

The first ICE Series event is in just over 4 weeks!!

Date: January 8

Join us for some excellent fishing, free guide trips during the event, a lot of fishing talk, a chance to win some great prizes or even a trophy, a fish fry after the event and a whole lot of fun!

If you register before hand online it's only $10 and if you register at the event it's $15.

Register - Click Here

Winnie is know for excellent perch and walleye action, as well as some trophy pike. Eelpout, tulibee, crappies, bluegills and bass are also present. A very well-rounded lake and I expect to see some nice fish brought in.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have and I hope to see you there! smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I can't wait for these events again this year! Remember last year after the event on Winni Matt? What a blast driving the lake...

Make sure you join us at this years events, they'll be twice as fun as last season, and you get to meet fellow fm'ers!

I think I'm going to venture off and hit some crappies and gills out on Cutfoot Sioux during the Winnie event weekend. Anyone going to be attending and if so, are you interested in joining me for some slab crappie and bull gill action?

The perch and walleyes will be going on full cylinders and I expect to see some nice catches brought in for weigh-in.

Only two weeks from Saturday smile.gif ...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Only a week away! Who's all planning on heading up to Winni? I'll be up there early on Friday if anyone is interested in meeting up on Friday midday for a little perch, eyes and pike action...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Hmmm I am off work, what's your plan for friday? are you just walking out there? what time do you think you'll be fishing. Just bring my poles and my marcum? or sled, house and aquavu... I don't know if I could do the sat event with some family obligations, but It looks good for me on friday..

Destination 2 of the 2005 ICE Series...

Medicine Lake - Saturday, January 22

Harty's South Access - Bait Shop

Medicine Lake is full of panfish, crappies (both white and black) and sunfish. A lot of nice size crappies swim these waters and I plan on seeing a lot of pound plus fish caught the day of the event. If you're looking for a good panfish lake then Medicine is a good choice. An easy lake to get to as well, right off of 169. I'm looking forward to chasing some panfish and pike!

More info about the ICE Series and the Medicine Lake event registration...

ICE Series Info and Registration

Any panfishermen planning on attending?

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Matt--How'd you do on your trip to Cutfoot? I get up there once a year for vacation and am curious how the panfish population are according to an expert--that would be you. Any pictures??

We didn't make it out on Cutfoot the weekend of the Winni event. We spent most of the time out on Winni.

The panfish population in Cutfoot is pretty good though. A lot of nice crappies and bluegills. The bluegills will relate shallow, say 15 feet or less, and the crappies are holding in or near the deeper holes out there. Some of the bluegills are rather large too.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Destination 3 of the 2005 ICE Series...

Burntside Lake, Ely, MN - Saturday, January 29

Lake trout will be the focus at Burntside, although there are also pike and other species as well! Should be a great time and the temps are looking good...highs in the 20s...

More info about the ICE Series and the Burntside Lake event registration...

ICE Series Info and Registration

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Destination 4 of the 2005 ICE Series...

Lake Minnetonka - Saturday, February 5th

Spring Park Bay Access

ICE Series Info

Lake Minnetonka is known as one of the premier fishing destinations in the Midwest and is another phenomenal Metro Area lake. A lot of panfish, pike and walleyes throughout the area and some really nice fish too!

Anyone planning on attending the Minnetonka event? Should be an excellent time and location to ice some pannies...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Destination 5 of the 2005 ICE Series...

Rush Lake - Saturday, February 12th

CJ's Access - West Rush

ICE Series Info

Rush Lake...home to walleyes, pike and a seemingly endless amount of pannies! A lot of crappies roam Rush Lake and some of the biggest sunfish I've ever seen have come out of Rush Lake. We should see the heaviest weights of the series so far brought in at Rush.

Anyone planning on attending the Rush event? I'm planning on chasing pannies all day...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson