• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger fuel/oil

anchor man

Question

2 answers to this question

Anchor,

I run non-oxygenated gas - learned that here - with about 1/3 dose of what is recommended on the Sea Foam bottle year around in all my small engines(2 or 4 cycle). When I store one of them, doesn't matter what it is - I add about a half dose of Staybill in the gas can - fill the small engine up and run it a bit - dump the rest of the can in the truck (which isn't over a half gallon if I guess right). I haven't had any gas related issues.

My rational for the Sea Foam is the isopropyl alcohol, which I understand to be the active stabilizer in Sea Foam would work year around as well as cleanse and the Stabill has different properties that don't attract H2O to it (as I understand alcohol does) for winter/long term storage.

Likely over-kill, but it's worked for me! If anyone sees serious implecations for using this method, I'm all...ears.. uh..eyes!