• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eagle lake

Your best bet is to try the usual Muskie routine. Eagle lake is pretty small (Barely over 200 acres) with one main deep area over 30'. With the upcoming ice, you might get lucky and find a large one suspending over a couple holes, or hunting in shallower water just off the weed line. I'd rather wait for spring and soft water before I hit that lake.

Looks like you may have found a Garden of Eden. Eagle Lake has been stocked with Walleye and Muskie since '82. The muskie were introduced for broodstock for the Leech Lake strain. But with the small size of the lake, you're not likely to find any over 40"...you never know though. If nothing else, it looks like that lake has a healthy crappie and walleye population. Might be a good ice'er after all. I've got a buddy of mine who lives just down the road from there...might just have to pay him a visit. grin.gif

Despite it's small size, Eagle Lake has a lot of very large fish. What makes this even more amazing is the amount of pressure it sees. It's without a doubt the most pounded musky water in the entire state when you consider the number of angler hours per acre on that lake. Go out there at strange hours or in very poor weather conditions or you'll be fighting a ton of boat traffic.

AWH

AWH, nailed it

BIG fish in there for sure! Can't say there is a 50 in there, but I know there is at least one 48"er, and I have seen a couple that I would guess to be close to 50".

Tough lake to get on, and very pressured, so paln your trips accordingly.

Good Luck!

Steve