• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Awards Show

Sifty

Many years I do. Not this year though. I can't stand listening to this dork Busch. Now to hear him talk about his phony championship I just can't handle. He is not the season points champion, he's just the Chase winner. He finished FOURTH in the real season points.

Nascar dot com shows the unofficial non-chase points and the 24 did win. The other guy that got really screwed by this stupid "chase" was McMurray who if I remember right finished like 6th in the real season points.

Talk about a sleeper of a show! The jokes were pretty terrible, with the exception of Jr taking a few jabs at Mike Helton! Kurt was a mannequin the whole night,the music sucked. (Including the bands) And what was with the audio delay in the first 10 minutes or so? I mean it looked like it was a American show made for a Japanese audience, but the voice over done in english? Too funny! Jamie McMurray was a highlight, good humor! Overall the drivers looked bored, uncomfortable. The show was poorly produced. darned glad I wasn't there, I'd been sleeping for sure! wink.gifgrin.gif

I was able to catch the first 30 mins. and had to turn it off. It seemed like the only people having fun was the crowd and they seemed to be losing intrest very fast. They need to do somthing to losen it up alittle.

Sifty

Quote:

Many years I do. Not this year though. I can't stand listening to this dork Busch. Now to hear him talk about his phony championship I just can't handle. He is not the season points champion, he's just the Chase winner. He finished FOURTH in the real season points.

You can't really call it phony since they all knew the rules at the beginning of the season. I think it will take a few years to see how it works out. If nothing else it sure made the last few races exciting since nobody could points race. It was WFO racing every week.

Quote:

You can't really call it phony since they all knew the rules at the beginning of the season. I think it will take a few years to see how it works out. If nothing else it sure made the last few races exciting since nobody could points race. It was WFO racing every week.

Its phony to me because its supposed to be a season points championship which it isn't. It would be one thing if they admitted it was a playoff and treated it as such with only those ten guys racing or scoring them just 1st through 10th among them or something, but to go out of your way and say its not a playoff and have both playoff and non-playoff teams competing in the same races is just non-sensical and an insult to points championships all across the country. It simply is not how season points championships are decided, and I don't care how long its around or what they call it, it still won't be a true season championhsip...

Weather you like the guy or not he won with the same rules everyone else had. Had your guy won the championship you would think this new system is the greatest. If this system had been in place for the last thirty years big E would only have 5 championships, Martin would have one, Johnson one, Busch two and Gordon 7. It's all a moot points since they all play the same.

Don't worry, it'll probably change next year if a guy wins it by being consistant.

I still like my rules best. One point for each lap led.