• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Saw

Yukon Don

Question

16 answers to this question

I was in Fleet Farm last week and did not notice them yet. They are the store I bought mine from last year, and Yes..... They are GREAT! Usually it takes between 1/2 and 3/4 of an hour to cut a spear hole. It pretty much depends on how many people come to see it and try it out. If I am on a lake all by myself 4-8 inches of ice takes about 2-3 minutes.

I have been spearing for 20+ years and I can tell you that after your spear an ice saw is the BEST investment you can make in both time and money. Besides making it easy to cut your original hole, it also makes cleaning out the hole after a few cold days extremely easy. Just chop or drill two holes and cut between them. No ice chips flying all over your house as you try to chop out 2 inches of ice. My recommendation - go buy one today.

I have had one for three years now. I trap beaver through the ice all winter long. Cut hundreds os square hole in all ice depths. There is no better tool on the market. I used a chain saw for years and would never do that again. No water sprayed in the face and the chainsaws still freeze up, plus you need a long bar.

In those three years I really can't say how many holes I have cut but its alot, and I have yet to sharpen it. It still cuts through ice like butter. laugh.gif

I know they work great! There are thousands of our icesaws cutting ice from Alaska to Maine! Our numbers are growing each year. There are so many variables as to how the icesaw works and how long it takes a person to chip & cut a hole. We did have a good advertising tape of us chipping & cutting 10" of ice and a 2'6" x 4' hole in less than 2 1/2 minutes. That tape got ruined frown.gifbefore we could make any copies Thickness of the ice, good ice poor ice, the person operating the icesaw and more variables. Just like everything else as the ice gets thicker it does create more work. If you see somebody using a blue icesaw go and see if you can try it then you will know for yourself! Also ask them where they got it. We also have a carrying case for the 42" icesaw ooo.gif. Rick will have it on the HSOforum soon. If you need more info contact us or Rick.

Merry Christmas everyone