• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pup getting spayed tomorrow!

bigwegs

You can expect her to be lethargic, but happy to be home when you get her there. I'd suggest massive hours of kennel (crate) time. It may be hard on you, but good for the dog. My pup was ready to run after 4 days, but I kept her on the leash for over a week. Really a bummer having to take care of that during hunting season...we didn't get out aftwerwards for almost 3 weeks. Good luck.

My vet recommended us to get our Britt spayed between 6 & 9 months old.I always was told they should go thru 1 cycle before it is done.

Be'n a Brittany,she's moven machine @ 3 1/2 months old.

The vet said to keep her calm and not let her jump or do any accessive activity.It's gonna be hard to contain her in the kennel when she's always on the move with our 9 and an 8 year old kids.

I've thought about asking the vet for some kinda medication.

(For the kids)! LOL!,Maybe that would give the pup a break,and not let my wife & I worry about pup get'n a hernia.

><>

Give her some quality crate time for at least a week. Put her on a leash to do her business then back in the crate.

Yep, it's tough to lock 'er up for so long but you'll have her back sooner and with less chance of problems. I went through this a couple months ago and have learned from my mistakes.

Rest is key and since you are not dying to get back to the field until the Fall it is in your best interest.

there are muscles that need to heal not just the stiches. a slower recovery is better for the long run. Harder to control but better. Good luck.

both mine were spayed and its unbelievable how quick they want to get up and going again, but ofcourse dont let um.

Watch for the puke. not sure about the others but both of mine puked afterwards, probably from the anestetic and some drugs.

first dog puked in the truck on the way home all over my console,errrrrrrr! my other dog didn't in the truck,(even though I was prepared that time) but I had to clean her kennel, and her, a few different times.

Just an update on the pup. She did great, no puke or sickness afterward, so that was good. She wanted to run and play the next day, I couldnt believe it. She did great with the stiches too. I asked for the stuff that you can put on it so they dont lick, and that seemed to work well. Everything is good now, except for her shaved belly, which is slowly growing hair back. I bet she wishes she had some of that hair now that it is cold.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Bigwegs