• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Litefoot Tracks?

Bob Horn

The Litefoot track company has been in the track business for a long time. I rode machines with them installed and they will go anywhere a sled will. There are also other companies, Kimpex comes to mind, that have track kits. They are cheaper but, I don't know anything about their quality.

draw backs, they rip up your lawn to easy. my neibor stopped over with his tracts, and when he turned around, well my 589's don't do that kind of damage. they are very good for going through swamps, and I am sure snow, but thats about it. with the new laws about going through wetlands, I would think they are almost unusable here. I am still thinking they might ban my tires, and I bought them for icefishing.

I put some on my sportsman 500 last year. As Dave said, "they will go anywhere a sled will go".

Just not as fast wink.gif

We failed to get it stuck out on the lake no matter what we drove thru. Glare or smooth ice will have you spining your tracks simular to tires. Mind you, my main use is for ice fishing and my primary lake is Mille Lacs. Steering or turning is a little more difficult. You will also find yourself laying on the throttle more as it takes more power to get it going and keep it going. It is recomended to keep it in four wheel drive. As far as the change over from tires to tracks, pretty simple. Just do one end at a time, front or rear.

Maybe try the tires knoopers talking about for the season.

I'm sure they are 90% cheaper than the tracks.

Hope this helps...

Good Luck

I will also be useing them for icefishing. I just wanted to know if they can go through the snow. I had some friends up at LOW go out on there sleds but said there was no way an atv would make it to where they were going. With the tracks I was hopeing to get there and still have the use of the atv year around. Do you think it will handle the time at the end of the season when there is slush? Thanks again

I don't think you would have a problem going where your friends go. As far as slushy end of season, again I feel you will not have a problem. The tracks disperse the weight and thus have a lighter foot print as compared to tires although they will spin as I previously mentioned. This is where your skills will come to play.

If you do install the tracks you may find that modifying the mud flaps will be in store as the snow does fly at higher speeds and over long distances.

I have run them thru the woods where we deer hunt "private land" and was very pleased with the preformance.

Overall I am very impressed with the preformance of the tracks. I do take them off after ice fishing. frown.gif

Hope this helps

Knoppers,

I see that you have 589's on your wheeler. (itp's or titan's?) I have the Titan 589's and they are a fabulous tire. I sure hope they don't try to ban them. Though I do understand that they can tear things up if you turn sharp and hit the gas hard. I don't think I would want a different tire.

Ryan

PS. Sorry this had nothing to do with the topic.