• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best surface bait?

JohnMickish

Cliffy,

If you want a Weagle I will sell you mine. I have much better access to get another than you do. I have an Orange Crappie one that works very well. Let me know.

$25 and I will ship it to you. Other wise I'm sure hsolist will be full of them shortly, and the on-line shops will start having them in the spring.

Steve

The guys from Muskie Nut tackle will be at the MN Muskie Expo in March, I'm sure they'll have lots of them for sale. I have a few but I ain't about to sell them for any amount of money. smile.gif

Hey Steve, that ain't the one I gave you is it??

smile.gifsmile.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

Terry,

You gave me the Wabbull -- Great lure too! Thanks Again!

I got the Weagle straight from the Jonesi. I just thought I would let Cliffy have it and I would get a new one before the ice cleared.

The Weagle is a great lure, but I still will use my Jackpots and other walk the dog lures. I will use the Weagle when it is the right tool for the job, and the conditions are right.

Sounds like there will be about 250 available at the Chicago show this weekend. After that they will be available as they are produced. I am sure they will be trying to have some ready for each show as they come up.

Good Luck!

Steve

I'm one for the hawg wobbler in the right conditions for moving big fish - low light and calmer water, although I have moved fish if I can get it to keep its rhythm in rougher water. I also like the topper stopper, that can be used in lots of situations and also moves big fish. The jackpot is good (almost too good) but I too often get frustrated with fish missing it or short hits - I fear I'm burning neutral and hot fish when they hit like that. Someone was telling me to wait to set the hook until the fish turns with the bait and hooking percentage will be upped - any thoughts?

I always wait until I "feel" the fish, before setting the hook.

I have a great hooking percentage on the Jackpot, I consider it

a "catching" lure, but you have to fish it slow and wait before

you set the hook. If you set on the "splash" you will miss a lot of fish.

For a beginner you can't beat the Top Raider or Pacemaker both top notch lures that are easy to work.

The Weagle is a great lure but it takes a little extra patience to get the hang of it and may not be the best place to start for a NEWBIE . . .

Hawg Wobbler, 8 inch. It's outstanding in calm water but can also be worked in rough water. Let the water do the work. It's a bait to use when your arms are sore, very slow retrieve. I caught a bonus 21 inch largemouth on the wobbler and also the biggest smallie I've ever caught was on the 6 inch hawg wobbler. It is my favorite change-up for finicky followers.

Oh yeah, don't set the hook right away. Wait until the rod tip bends or you might get a face full of hooks.

dsludge