• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to do for ice?

riverrat56

We need some ice, but the forcast doesnt sound to promising for a another week maybe more, anyone have any ideas to change the weather?

I was thinking maybe everyone should take there boats back out of storage, get them tuned up, put all your ice fishing stuff that you have been getting ready for the last 2 months back into storage and take your open water stuff back out and get it ready, that way mother nature will think that no one is ready for ice fishing and then finally it will get cold out and we can start to make some ice.

RR56

I live in Superior Wi. and I will be on some ice by Sunday. Granted it may only be 2"-3" but Ill be on shore most of the time watching my Fishing Brothers Tip Ups go off! I dont recomend this to anyone but I do it right. Life vest, picks and the water is only 4' deep in this bay anyway. grin.gif Be safe and good luck.

I have heard of rain dances, maybe a ice dance is the answer, mother nature will cooperate when ever she sees fit, soon I hope, some ice forming around the edges of the lakes here nites, but most of it gone by 5 p.m. getting closer and closer. grin.gif

Yeah I'm still out fishing in the boat yet! tongue.gif

Maybe if we have some thicker ice blocking the access we'll put it away next weekend. As most of the bays and small ponds in West Central MN are froze up and have at most 1" of ice on them.

Its getting closer! blush.gif