• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OVS-560 "Worth the wait"

Scenic

Some times a person can wait and wait only to find that the wait was not worth it in the end. Well this is not the case here. I have waited a while but I just got my OVS-560 and must say I am very impressed with this unit.

This unit comes complete in a soft carrying case that has pockets surrounding the unit and it even has a special detachable bag for the camera lens. A charging jack is located in a very easy to access area right in the front without having to do anything more then unzip the front of the case. Speaking of the case front, also built into the carrying case you will find a sun shield for better viewing on them sunny days. No more carrying along a sun shield. This thing even comes with a remote control to allow you to move the camera.

While ice fishing I will probably be using this unit in the “down facing” position. The OVS 560 comes complete with a down viewing strap that screws into the bottom of the camera. Once the unit is positioned in this manner you can either set the camera to pan automatically or you can manually pan the camera for a better view of the surrounding area.

A very impressive unit and I feel this is one of those items that was worth the wait!! Though I have not yet had the chance to drop this unit in the water but from what I have seen so far I am impressed. There are many more features on this unit and as soon as we get some ice I will give you a report on how it preforms under water.

You guys really tempt me, but I am understandably reticent after last winter. I'm 60/40 leaning to-wards buying an Aqua Vu at Thorne Brothers sale this weekend. I wish that there were more reports out there about the 560 from folks who have used it in cold, under water, and really seen how reliable it is. The truth of the matter is that we probably won't really have those until March next year, and I don't want to wait that long.

Brad,

I was also one of the people waiting since last year too. I was not happy to have to wait...no denying that one, just ask and they will confirm that....but as a business owner I would like to add that if it was my product and I did not have it exactly as the product I wanted my customers to have, then I would have pulled the sales on it just like they did rather then send it out to a customer knowing it could have some problems or was not 100%. It is a tough choice to make sometimes but often times things happen that just can not be helped. We run into the same thing in the tackle business trying to get components at times too.

Not in any way trying to take a sale away from Thornes but if you want an OVS-560 I know a store that has one right now (or at least did a few hours ago) and they just had just one unit left I will add. I am sure we could arrange it so that he could have it at your door step either Monday or Tuesday. I was very tempted to go with the other unit too. Both have their pluses but after receiving my unit I am glad that I went with the OVS-560. There are features that I did not know about on this unit I had one in my hands.

Jeff

Brad, I have had a chance to use mine on the water of a fairly cloud lake. I had the VS-560 off one side of the boat and my buddy had his aqua-vu off the other. Both great units but the VS-560 definetely has more to offer. First of all, the thought that went into packaging the camera/cord/charger... was extensive. Everything is right wehre it needs to be so it won't take 15 minutes to set up and real up. The blue light out did the IR lights on the aqua-vu by far. I could see just fine at dusk on a cloudy lake. Although nobody has used it through the ice yet, I'm looking for this to be the best new product on the market this year. Trust me when I say, you won't be disappointed with the Marcum products.

Not to disappoint you guys, but I went ahead and bought the Aqua Vu today. I got a nice price, as well as a 3 year warranty on the deal. I wish you good luck with your products and I hope they continue to work reliably. I also look forward to finally having my own camera, and exploring all there is to learn with it.

I checked out the 560 for the first time yesterday at a store. Now if that's not a Cadallic of cameras, I don't know what is. grin.gif

I've never been a huge fan of cameras, but this thing took over and almost made me walk out with it on the spot!

Remote control camera panning anywhere in the fishhouse!?! There is no more twisting the cord to follow a fish, breaking your back leaning over the hole trying to move the camera in a different direction... you name it. This camera is just plain COOL!

I bought the Aqua Vu MoPod 2 along with my camera which is a remote control activated tripod that allows you to turn the camera. My Aqua Vu also has an on screen directional arrow, as well as temperature, so it really is the functional equivalent to the OVS 560. It has the fish shaped camera which theoretically reduces fish spooking, but isn't an all-in-one package like the OVS 560. But I think the camera shape vs the all-in-one probably equalizes the value/utility of them. I did pay quite a bit less than $600 (total price includes the MoPod2, the hard carrying case, an extra "perch" skin, and the camera covering "bra") and did receive a 3 year warranty. It will be interesting to see as the years pass how reliable each of these packages are, and if I really did make the right decision. I'm guessing with the 3 year warranty, I did.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted to get the OVS but they made no attempt to "make good" on the people, including my bro, who paid in full for it before last season. He finally got his money back after 3 emails and 3 phone calls.

I do want one I hate the cord spinning issue with the Aqua Vu.

You guys think they will ever make one with a side flasher version, to get far distance signals?