• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter....Outside or Inside

Bondo

I was reading the posts about heated pads for dogs. I am a first time lab owner and my dog is 17 months old. Last year I kept her inside the house if it was colder than about 30 degrees. I would take her out to the ice house and she was on the ice in and out of the shanty all day with no problems. Is it a big deal either way as far as her coat goes, She did seems to get cold Duck hunting after she'd retrieve and sit wet for an hour or two (teeth Chattering). Later season that is. By the way she didn't retrieve her first bird by the following weekend and for the rest of the season she retrieved every bird into the boat. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have had my pup outside since he was 3 months old. my last dog I had I kept her outside as well. If it gets 10 below or worse I will bring him in at night.

He got hay stacked around his kennel 4' high and blocked up around his house inside as well. (26 bales in all) He good to go for the winter!

Look for Houndheaters. I think they have a HSOforum. A 60 watt bulb inside a Labrador proof sheetmetal box which mounts inside the dog house. About $50.00. They work good.

Use a swinging door on the dog house too.