• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Indoor heated ice fishing tournament

fishslayer123

I work for a large tent and event company & I LOVE ice fishing. I was thinking of putting together an ice fishing tournament on a lake under a huge heated tent complete with polka music on stage, brats & beer, and of course prizes, etc. I thought it would be a hoot & get lots of exposure. The CAD sketch I created allows for 200 / 300 / 400 contestants and my rough cost analysis would put the entry at roughly $40-$50 to break even. Just curious of people's reaction to this type of an idea..... Thanks & pray for hard water!

It's a great idea, but I think that the $40-50 entry fee is going to scare away a lot of potential people especially with little ones like mentioned earlier. It's a big chunk of change for a family. If you could somehow get a lot of services "donated" and brought that cost down, I think you would have a much better chance at filling the tent. Just my opinion though.

I think the atmosphere would really make for a great event. However, I'll have to agree with the others that 40-50 is a little steep for the entry fee. If it were the type of event where people would be in it as hard-core anglers, maybe, but this sounds more like a social type tournament, like the Extravaganza and the other big ones.

Maybe you can get some prizes traded in for promotion?

Good luck!

Hey fishslayer, great idea! I'm there! Would there be a discount on family admissions because it would be a great way to get my daughters into ice fishing but being a teacher it's a little steep. I would definetly give you a hand!