• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Poor College Student Looking For Nice Power Auger!

loebs93

I mistakenly wink.gif took out a little too much money for the next semester of college in January and I'm looking for a new power auger. Just wondering what you guys have for them and what you like or dislike about them.

I have been looking around and the lazer224 looks like an interesting concept...maybe...just maybe a bit out of the price range.

I'm looking for two things; a good value and something light weight, since I have to pull everything out to my current hot spot in the sled of my portable.

Any Ideas?

Loebs:

I wish I was as "poor" as you when I was in college...Portable and now a power auger! (just jeaous) Anyway, I bought the Mag 2000 in 98 and have had a lot of good luck. Just my two cents. Good luck and enjoy college!

Don't get me wrong I'm not one of them rich kids. Instead I just take out larger loans so I can live a little while at school. A combination of that and working at Gander Mountain is a recipe for disaster.

Loebs:

I here you! I think it is great that you are spending your money on stuff that you will use long after college! It's a lot better than what I spent my money on! Have you decided on an auger? If I were you, I would even spend a little more to get what I want. You will have the auger for a while, so get one you really want.