• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Survey

Dave

Let's go through some answers to the survey questions.

1. Have you read the ATV regulation handbook for MN?

Out of 107, 32 have not read the regulations. I'm disappointed in this result. If you know someone who rides and may not have read the regs, bring them a reg booklet and give it to them.

2. Do you know where to obtain the ATV regulation handbook?

ANY Department of Motor Vehicle licensing center and the DNR. It's even online.

Off Highway Vehicle Regulations

3. Do you understand the ATV regulations for MN?

Ask a question here or start a new thread on a particular question.

4. How do you use your ATV the most?

Looks like a majority of ATVs are used for ice fishing and hunting.

5. Did you know there are added and relaxed ATV regulations during a three month period in MN?

Maybe worded incorrectly, the three month period where ATV regs are added and relaxed is the period from October-December; when certain hunters can ride off trail (relaxed)and riding time restrictions are in force for certain users(added).

6. Can you ride your ATV at 3pm to/from your hunting area during deer hunting season?

The survey question was to be assumed during FIREARM season. If you're riding at 3pm while in possession of a firearms deer license, you're breaking the law.

7. Does seeing or hearing an ATV ruin your whole outdoor experience that day?

It was nice to see that 89 out of 107 state that seeing or hearing an ATV does not ruin their outdoor experience. And, 11 more indicate that their outdoor experience is bothered for only a short period of time.

8. When meeting a walking hunter on a trail, do you?

28 out of 100 responded they ride past the walking person slowly. How about we try a new approach that was recently discussed, at least stop and chat with the walker and see if riding past them would be a problem.

9. Do you know where to find out if any trails are closed to ATV riding?

"In cooperation with other state agencies, the Division publishes individual water access maps by county; individual state trail maps, snowmobile trail maps, and recreational motor vehicle trail maps; Lake Superior Kayak Trail maps; and maps of Minnesota rivers for boaters and canoeists. The Division provides river level reporting from April 15 to October 30 for canoeists and snow depth reports for winter recreationists from December 1 to March 31. Seasonal OHV trail closure information also is available."

Trails & Waterway Division

OHV Use Clarifications

Thanks for taking the survey.

A suggestion for the next survey might be to put an N/A question or choice that you could submit so people (like me) or people who have already voted could see the outcomes. I do not own an atv, therefore I don't want to skew the totals, but I am truly interested in the answers.

ELE, your ISP must switch IP address every time or something. I don't know how to correct that.

Here's the latest.

Have you read the ATV regulation handbook for MN?

Users may choose only one (131 total votes)

Yes 93 70%

No 38 29%

Do you know where to obtain the ATV regulation handbook?

Users may choose only one (130 total votes)

Yes 108 83%

No 22 16%

Do you understand the ATV regulations for MN?

Users may choose only one (129 total votes)

Yes 94 72%

No 35 27%

How do you use your ATV the most?

Users may choose 2 (130 total votes)

Hunting 54 25%

Work/Farm 30 13%

Trail Riding Only 38 17%

Ice Fishing 93 43%

Did you know there are added and relaxed ATV regulations during a three month period in MN?

Yes 58 44%

No 73 55%

Can you ride your ATV at 3pm to/from your hunting area during deer hunting season?

Yes 6 04%

No 108 82%

Not Sure 17 12%

Does seeing or hearing an ATV ruin your whole outdoor experience that day?

Yes 9 06%

No 107 81%

Only for a brief time 15 11%

When meeting a walking hunter on a trail, do you

Users may choose only one (121 total votes)

Ride past slowly 33 27%

Stop and talk to the person on foot 57 47%

Ask the person on foot if it's ok to proceed in front of them 19 15%

Turn around and not acknowledge the person on foot? 12 09%

Do you know where to find out if any trails are closed to ATV riding

Yes 77 58%

No 54 41%

Quote:

ELE, your ISP must switch IP address every time or something. I don't know how to correct that. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I understand everything about fishing and fourwheeling. Are you trying to throw me off with your computer talk?

Anyways I appreciate you taking the time to write an update for me.

Ryan

You are only restricted to certain riding hours during the deer firearms season if you possess(sp?) a firearms deer license. Small game hunters and archery hunters.. and recreational riders are not subject to the restrictions.. as long as the person does not possess a firearms license.

Quote:

You are only restricted to certain riding hours during the deer firearms season if you possess(sp?) a firearms deer license. Small game hunters and archery hunters.. and recreational riders are not subject to the restrictions.. as long as the person does not possess a firearms license.

Very true. I understand that, but I don't know if all deer hunters do.