• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sore pits

braves57

My lab wears a Remington vest for pheasant hunting that has a chest protector. But her pits under her front legs get real red, swollen and raw after 3 or 4 hours in the field. It's either from the grass or the vest. I tried to snug it real tight to her body but that didn't help. Any one have the same problem? Or any ideas? Thanks!

I have the same problem with my Hodgman vests. All you need to do is enlarge the front leg holes a little. Put the vest on your dog and take a marker and outline the area where the sores are and cut away some of the material. Take a needle and thread and re-sew the area where you cut any stitching and you dog won't have any more sores, at least mine doesn't. For now, to get rid of the sores, just keep them clean and they will heal on their own. If they are in a place where your dog can't lick them try some Neosporin (sp?) ointment.