• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Shark?

BigDaddy

I currently am the proud owner of a Jiffy WHITE LIGHTning™ 8". I've been thinking about buying a new drill assembly to move up to a 9". Well, new assemblies ain't cheap. I think that I'd rather sell my Jiffy and buy a new auger instead.

In going with the Eskimo Shark, would you go with the 43cc or 51.7cc motor? What blades?

FYI- I'm always cutting new holes (never opening old ones).

Thanks!

I've done some research (uneducated) and am also leaning toward the Shark. There are some cosmetic and functional changes to the Shark model this year that I pointed out recently in a different thread about augers. I have not been able to locate any on the shelves in the TC metro area to view, but Cabela's has pictures on their HSOforum showing the "new" Shark model and specs. I am leaning toward the larger shark 51.7cc over the 43cc(2.1 hp vs 1.75 hp). I don't believe the weight difference is substantial. Which blades??? Now that's a different story! wink.gif