• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Mako v.s. Shark

FullTilt

I was in Cabelas today checking out the augers and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the latest Mako and the Shark? It looked to me that the Mako and Shark have the same engine, but the Shark had a fancier, plastic handle bar. The Barracuda had a Tecumseh engine that was very different from the Mako and Eskimo. I liked the metal handles on the Mako and the price was about $50 less than the Shark. Any reason I shouldn't get the Mako?

Fulltilt, I have a Mako and I think it's been eliminated now. Mine's a 2hp 10" chipper (ok modified chipper but it looks like a chipper to me). Artisdam just updated their page and it looks like a whole new line-up this year. A little less hp, alot less weight, and lower gear ratios I believe. I'll have to go back to the site to confirm this. I love my mako. Not really fast but alot of big holes and still going strong. No complaints so far.