• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

problem with winch

bgmny

I have a warn winch on a sportsman 700 efi. I finished wiring it exactly like the instructions said. Only problem i'm having is when cabling in with the switch, power to the whole atv is lost and it kills. Any help?

what color wire did you tap into for the switched hot power. It should be either a red/whit or orange/wht wire, under the front panel. sounds like you tapped into the ignition wire. the accessory wires are under the fron panel with a spade connector on it. usually is a large black spade end.

Thanks sledhead, I found the problem after a few hours of frustration. I pinched the blue wire leading to the winch while trying to put the bumper back on. The insulation was broken and the wire was grounding out on the frame. Works great now and I can't wait for it to snow so I can plow my driveway with it!