• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pointing Chessie

I was out yesterday and here are the numbers. 12 flushes, 5 hens, 3 roosters, and 4 huns or small hen pheasants, I honestly couldnt tell, so I didnt shoot. The goofy thing was on those 4 little birds, Hunter pointed them. He held for 8 to 10 seconds until I said "get em". Then he pounced and all 4 flushed at once. So about 15 minutes later I sent him into a thick clump in between 2 cut bean fields. He locked up again but only for a couple seconds. He pounced and a rooster busted out, that one bit the dust. Literaly, it landed in the gravel road, easy retrieve. I was very suprised, and pleased with his performace. To day we went out for an hour. He locked up again, but no flush. This is kinda got me thinking, so I left my hunt early and went to the vet for a health cert. SD tomorrow, I cant wait to see him in good rooster country. Thanks, Rookie.