• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weather this weekend. Too warm??

I see that the forecast for this weekend is projecting highs in the 50's for much of the northern part of the state. While I'm glad were not approaching zero degrees like last year does the warm weather cause the deer to move around more or less than "normal" temps (30-40 deg). Also are we approaching a dangerous temp for hangin' the victims outside?

I'm hunting near Baudette and it says 47 for Sat. and 37 for Sunday. I wouldn't worry at all about the temp. for hanging deer, it'll be cooling below freezing at night. I don't think the deer will move less on Sat. only because of all the people in the woods. I think some deer are going to go down this weekend with the nicer weather as people will stay out longer. Good luck to all.

no its not to warm i can hunt 2 weeks before state cause im native american and so far ive seen 15 deer couple of nice ones but none worth taking a little snow would be nice lets hope for some snow or a lot

I think people forget that that deer hunting is open to bow hunters in September when the temps were still touching 80*. Yeah its gonna be a bit warm and the deer won't be walking for the sake of keeping warm, but they certainly won't shut down cause its a bit warmer.

Like was said, the lower temps at night and the shorter days are whats gonna keep the deer moving.