• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter ice house seats

Timber

I have the fold up camp chairs (@$10) which fit two across if I am not alone. They fold up out of the way on the bottom for transport. I put a foam butt cushion on it and it suits me fine.

I bought one of their seats to use on the slope side of the sled. The otherside, I'm going to use a standard folding chair. I figured the slope side would be harder to put a folding chair in. The otter chair can be closer to the front of the sled (compared to a folding chair), but not as closed as I'd like. The floor slopes, but so does the top of the sled.

This is my very limited experience with the chair and sleds.. Just set everything up today in my otter lodge.

I've got a bench seat from otter for my lodge. I absolutely love it. and yes it did cost a pretty penny. but i bought the whole works last year at the ice show and saved a bundle of money. I have squeezed three people on the bench seat and i like the fact that it just lifts up if you need to get access to something. thick padding too.

i custom made a aluminum crossmember that i mounted two swivel boat seats to. works great and it made the sled quite a bit more rigid. cost a bit more than the manufactered ones but it is much better than them as well, IMO.

I took a 2 X 4 and cut it so it was just shorter that the width of the inside of the otter sled. Then cut a 2 foot or so wide piece of plywood a little longer than the outside width of the otter sled. I then mounted a swivel seat to the plywood and down through the 2 X 4. The design of it makes it stay put pretty well and didn't cost much.

It works well is very comfortable and I have a flat place to put things like larva or FRS radios or whatever. My budy picked up on of the metal adjustable polar seat deals and thought the seat was uncomfortable.