• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a couple questions

chiroeye

Question

Hey guys, a couple questions for everyone. When traveling long distances with a boat(15hrs)is it necessary to use a motor towing bracket with the kicker motor? Has anyone used the traveling motor covers they have for motors(I am using a 115hp)? Also, where do people recommend putting their flat, round GPS antenna on their boat, does it have to be extended into the air? I am working with a 17.5'alumacraft so I have room to place it just to the right of the steering wheel on the 8" lip on the edge of the boat. Also, regarding the Navionics detailed maps you can buy, do they have maps for any smaller lakes in Ontario besides LOW and the other large lakes? Smaller lakes such as Lac Seul or Minitaki? Thanks for any help guys.

1 answer to this question

I use a one piece canvas craft cover for storage and towing.The motor covers should work if they can be straped down tight.
As for the GPS antenna, any place even with or above the gunwhales should work.A lot of pro;s mount theirs on the gunwhale just in front of the windshield.Be sure to mount it some where so not to be used as a step, or it will get boke or someone will slip on it.
I picked up a few maps on Lac Seual a few years back, right from the ministry of natural resorces.But I found a place here in the metro area to order from.
The Hudson Map company has everthing you need, also check this site for maps as Rick may have a sponcer to sell them.
Good fishin, Benny