• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tracking deer in the rain

Z-man2002

well last night sucked. shot a nice doe at about 20 yards, herd her crash about 45ards away.went and got the lantern and my brother to track her.we get back to the spot 20 min later and no blood no deer no arrow . so we look for over 5 hours i was on my hands and knees searching for blood . looked everywere checked all the deadfall around the area, everything. don't know what i did wrong. any tips for tracking deer in the rain? frown.gif

did you go back after daylight ? she may have gotten up and moved. if you have to work a grid for a deer it is much easier in the day time. blood will show on wet leaves and grass for a while( depending on how hard it is raining) but it is harder to see in the night.if we loose the blood trail in a rain. then we try to get some help and work a grid in the morning. del