• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another tire pressure question.

BuckslayerBob

I bought a 2004 Honda Foreman ES a couple weeks ago. The guy that put it together and got it ready for me inflated the tires to 6 lbs, saying that's the way he likes them. First, did he do the right thing by instituting his own personal preferences over the reccommended tire pressure in the manual? And secondly, will 6 lbs of pressure do anything to the tires, or will it just make for a rougher ride? I'm an ATV newbie, so I need to learn these things as I go.

My brother-in-law and I have been wondering what pressure to use. Everything we hear is between 6 and 9 pds. 9 on front when plowing, otherwise 6-8 for most everything else. The tire says 36 max and he filled his to 21 lbs. min e were at 3.6. I followed him for ten miles and noticed he didn't slide as much as I did, but he bounced a lot more. I'm going to try the 6 to 7 range and bump it up when I plow. I don't know if this helps since we both bought ours thus year too. Good luck

buckslayerbob, look in your book and work within 2 or three lbs. of that for the best ride your not going to hurt the tires by putting in a little more or less.just keep both front tires the same and both back tires the same or the steering will pull like a car out of alieghment.