• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Volga lake

Fished there this afternoon.Tuff bite did get the gills to bite.used Rat Finkie chartreuse color.Fish size4 to8 1/2 inch.Got23 and no crappie.The crappie is still a morning bite I guess.I fished from the dock today.Going in the morning with Delmar in his boat,I will report on that trip.ICE JOHN PS all fish let go

i fished there in the morning.( talked to john as i was leaving) two guys were doing well on crappies. some came on minnows but most came on jigs. the one guy is there every day and fills a pail. the other guy had about 30. ( i caught two!)no limits ( and the dnr will not put any on either!) i couldn't develope the touch. maybe ice john will bring me some luck thurs. ! del

Bite super tuff got there630am.Cold windy light mist once in awhile.7 inch gills or less only 2 crappie.4 people there before me fishing one had about 20+ gills 6 crappie.He worked hard for them 2 poles waxys and minnows.I used ice jigs green,blue ,orange mix.Still a good day saw some deer.ICE JOHN ooo.gif

Going there early in morning by first light.Be fishing on the big dock.Got 2 fish frys coming up,so I better get extra fish got big eaters coming.Fishing to noon or25 fish eater size.ICE JOHN

i went over sunday morning for a little while. i could catch but two crappies. there was a group of guys ( they are there every day) with a pail full. and one other guy did well. the were catching them mostly on artificials.( white seems popular) the bite slowed. they left. then two guys came and started using minnows on a jig head, slowly reeling it in. they did well also! one of these days i will figure it out. del

i fished volga tues morning. two guys have been pounding the crappies for a couple of weeks, not me! til this morning. finally got it right. what has been working is either a white hair jig or a plastic with a small tail.( looks like a rat finky(sp?), but the tail is longer.) brand unknown. i went to a very little tail from customs jigs and spins that i got last year. think they are called a spike. it is just a small spike tail about an inch long . i put it on an 1/80 jig. at day break the fish are on the surfaces to 12 in deep. as it gets lighter they move deeper. by mid morning it is a deep bite .( about 8 ft. in 10 ft of water. del

Del,Had my arm checked by Doc. I lost80% of my left bicip no fixed to it.Which is par for me.Going to Saint Louis to see family.Going to fish cat pond they own will report.Think ice.ICE JOHN

i fished the lake for a short while this morning.( til the wind came up!!!) fishing was slow. the two guys that have been hammering them caught some, but nothing like they have been. i had 6 in the cooler, but put them back. might be the weather, or they may be moving to deeper water for the winter. del

i fished the lake for a while sunday and monday mornings. sun i caught a fare number of gills.( mostly small) today/monday i started out catching gils ( a few nice ones) and then the crappies started hitting. not fast or furious, but enough to keep it interesting.gils and some crappies caught on a jigs and spins glow rasto on a 1/80 jig. also used a white J&S wedgee on a 1/80 jig. del