• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

28" or 20 " rifled barrel

I just picked up a 20 inch rifled barrel for my 870 express. Its alot shorter than my stock barrel. I do remember seeing a 28 rifled barrel somewhere and was wondering if there is alot of difference between the two? Does one have more kick than the other?

I'm sure the 20" will have more kick, but it will most likely shoot better & either way it's a lot handier for carrying & getting through the brush. I have an old 20" smooth bore on my 870, it's on it's 3rd different 870 actually, & it puts them right in there. If it didn't come with fiber optic sites, not sure if they do now, I'd spend the $15-25 to put a set of tru glo sites on it. I did about 3 years ago & love them. Be careful with them though, I banged my front site on the ground during season & had to make a quick switch back to the old ones because I broke the front site & lost it. That's been replaced by another tru glo though.